AUTOGLYM – Wheel Protector
Brake dust spoils gleaming wheels and can damage them if ignored. We joined forces with our motorsport partners to develop the ultimate solution to this irritating problem.
Recommended in the 2015 Auto Express wheel sealant test group.
Commended in the 2016 Auto Express wheel sealant test group.
Take the 50/50 challenge: Try Wheel Protector on half of your driver’s side wheel to see the difference over the coming weeks.
Before you start:
This is an easy to use spray sealant, but to work effectively it needs time to dry. After applying do not touch or buff the wheel surface, drive the car or allow the wheels to get wet until the coating has fully dried.
If you are using Instant Tyre Dressing, apply it before Wheel Protector and remove any overspray.
How to use:
- Ensure your wheels are clean, cool to the touch and completely dry.
- Shake well and spray, covering half the wheel surface. Remove any excess from the tyre as it may leave a white residue.
- Do not buff or touch once applied, simply leave to dry for 1 – 1.5 hours, the longer the better.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How long will Wheel Protector Last?
Wheel Protector can last up to 6 weeks dependant on weather and driving conditions.
- Will Wheel Protector prevent brake dust from sticking to the wheel?
Yes, Wheel Protector leaves an invisible film which reduces the amount of brake dust build up.
- How long will the can last?
Dependant on the size of the wheel but on average the 300ml can contains enough product to protect 16 wheels, so treating every 6 weeks means one can will last around 6 months.
- What type of wheels is Wheel Protector suitable for?
Wheel Protector is suitable to use on Split Rims, Diamond Cut, Refurbished, Multispoke, Anodised and unlacquered wheels. Wheel Protector is not suitable for any wheels that are Black, dark in colour or have a mirrored finish.
- Why is Wheel Protector not suitable for black, dark or mirror finished wheels?
The finish will not be acceptable. It will leave an uneven oily looking film. We would recommend that you could use High Definition Wax, Extra Gloss Protection, Super Resin Polish or Instant Show Shine, they do not have the super hydrophobic quality of Wheel Protector but would protect them and make future cleans easier.
- Is Wheel Protector safe to use on discs and callipers?
Yes, but avoid getting Wheel Protector onto these areas where possible, do not soak these areas.
- How can Wheel Protector be removed?
To remove Wheel Protector you can use Custom Wheel Cleaner or Clean Wheels and agitate the wheel to clean.