Autoglym – Air-Con Sanitiser
Air-con sanitizer has a powerful anti-bacterial and anti-viral action, ideal for micro-organisms and viruses that lurk in inaccessible pipework of air-con systems. The highly effective, anti-bacterial sanitizer kills 99.99% of bacteria and enveloped viruses including Coronavirus, Flu, SARS, and H1N1.
Certified to EN 1276 and EN 14476 standards, Air-con sanitizer is highly effective in the destruction of harmful, invisible bacteria and viruses. The simple lock and leave application will clean and sanitize the entire system in 20 minutes, leaving a fresh citrus scent.
Air-con sanitizer can be used as part of your regular interior detailing routine, as during regular sanitization of frequently used vehicles. Re-treat the vehicle when necessary, or after extended periods of inactivity.
How to use:
- Ensure all windows and doors are closed and start the engine. Switch on the air conditioning system set it to low temperature, intermediate blower speed, and internal circulation.
- Ensure face-level fascia vents are open. Run the engine for 5-10 minutes and shake the aerosol can well.
- Fold in the perforated panels of the carton and place the aerosol can at a 40o angle. Avoid pointing the aerosol at the carpet.
- Position the carton far forward in the passenger side footwell and leave the aerosol facing into the footwell. Depress trigger into the lock-down position. Exit the vehicle and close the doors.
- Once the can is fully discharged, allow the system to run for a further 5 minutes then switch off the engine and open all doors/windows fully to ventilate the vehicle.
- Leave doors/windows open and allow the vehicle to air for 5-10 minutes. Safely dispose of an empty aerosol can.
Important: Aerosol should be at room temperature before use. Only use as directed
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Does Air-Con Sanitiser sanitize or just make a nice smell?
Yes, this is a real sanitizer. The product has met EN1276 and EN14476 standards for anti-bacterial and anti-viral sanitizing. It kills 99.999% of bacteria and viruses including Coronavirus, Flu, SARS, and H1N1.
- Will Air-Con Sanitiser stain my plastics? Is it safe to use on all interior surfaces?
It is safe to use and will not cause any damage provided the product is used as directed.
- How often should I use Air-Con Sanitiser?
Use as often as required, although a monthly use would be a good starting interval.
- I don’t have an aircon but can I still use it?
Yes, Air-Con Sanitiser will clean out the impossible-to-reach pipes in your air recirculation system, but the effect will be less impressive than with an air-con unit.
- What does it smell of?
Air-Con Sanitiser has a fresh citrus fragrance
- Does it only clean the ventilation pipes or the whole vehicle interior?
Air-Con Sanitiser is designed to clean the air-conditioning system only and has only been tested in this area. The product will not disperse around the cabin effectively after it has run through the air-con pipes. Use Anti-Bacterial Multi-Surface Sanitiser for this purpose.
- What is the difference between air-con cleaner and air-con sanitizer?
They are all different formulations. Air-Con Cleaner uses a different formulation that hasn’t been tested as a sanitizer.
- Can I use this in my house or another non-vehicle setting?
This product is designed to be used in vehicles only, not houses or offices.
- Can I use this in my motorhome/caravan/boat and will it work?
This has not been tested on these types of vehicles.