AUTOGLYM – Rapid Ceramic Spray
Applying ceramic protection often takes time to achieve the best results. Rapid Ceramic Spray is a quick and easy way to add protection to your paintwork. The ceramic hybrid formula quickly bonds to the paintwork with a simple spray and microfibre buff. The tropical scented coating product offers up to 3 months of durable hydrophobic protection, and the unmistakable deep gloss finish will make your car stand out from the crowd.
How to use:
Do not apply in direct sunlight or if paintwork is warm to the touch. For best results do not apply in temperatures over 25°C. Can be applied to wet paintwork but for maximum durability apply when dry.
- Wash the car thoroughly and remove any fallout with Magma or Clay Detailing Complete Kit.
- Shake well. Work on wet or dry painted surfaces in an area no larger than a shoulders width apart. For dry cars: Spray sparingly directly onto paintwork or onto a clean microfibre cloth or applicator and spread. For wet cars: Spray sparingly directly onto paintwork and spread with an Autoglym InstaDry. Two to three sprays per panel is sufficient, no more than two on smaller panels.
- Take a clean Hi-Tech Microfibre Finishing Cloth and buff to a high gloss before moving to another area of paintwork. Use additional cloths as required.
- A second coat may be applied, allow 24 hours between applications.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What is Rapid Ceramic Spray?
Rapid Ceramic Spray is a quick and easy way to add protection to your paintwork. The ceramic hybrid formula quickly bonds to the paintwork with a simple spray and microfibre buff. The tropical scented coating product offers up to 3 months of durable hydrophobic protection and the unmistakable deep gloss finish will make your car stand out from the crowd.
- Can Rapid Ceramic Spray be used as a top up for UHD Ceramic Coating?
Yes, Rapid Ceramic Spray is a quick and easy way to top up your UHD Ceramic Coating.
- Can Rapid Ceramic Spray be used on top UHD Wax, SRP and any of Autoglym’s other finishing products?
Yes it is compatible with all of those products plus UHD Coating, Lifeshine Bodywork Gloss Shield, Ultra Deep Shine, Extra Gloss Protection and polar seal.
- Can Rapid Ceramic Spray be used on untreated paintwork?
- What does it smell of?
It is tropical scented
- What is the difference between Rapid Ceramic Spray and UHD Ceramic Coating?
Rapid Ceramic Spray is a quick and easy way to apply a ceramic coating to the paintwork. It will offer up to three months of protection and requires little prep work to apply. UHD Ceramic Coating is a kit that provides the prep, application and finishing products along with the Ceramic Coating product. The prep and application is a longer process however it does offer up to a year of protection.
- How is Rapid Ceramic Spray different from other Autoglym waxes and sealants?
Rapid Ceramic Spray provides a durable, high gloss protective finish normally associated with ceramic coatings but with a quick and easy application method. Different protection products all have their pros and cons and often the right choice of protection comes down to personal preference.
Rapid Ceramic Spray has the advantage of being able to be applied on to a dry or a wet surface so if the vehicle is being detailed, the coating can be used as a last stage rapid protection offering or if the vehicle is being maintained, during the wash stage it can be applied directly after rinsing the shampoo to add an extra layer of protection.
- How long does it last?
The durability of any coating can be impacted by many factors, such as mileage driven, weather, and climate, products used for aftercare and how well the surface was prepared prior to application. If all instructions and recommended guidelines are adhered to, Autoglym Rapid Ceramic Spray will provide up to three months of protection.
- Can Rapid Ceramic Spray be used on glass and plastics?
No, Rapid Ceramic Spray has been designed specifically for paintwork and colour coordinated plastics only.
- How will I know when it is time to reapply?
When the car is cleaned and the surface holds water for more than one minute, this is a sign that Rapid Ceramic Spray should be reapplied.
- Is there any benefit to multi-layering? Will it increase protection?
It is possible, but there is a limited gain from doing so. It is not something we would recommend. On-going cleaning with a Bodywork Shampoo Conditioner and periodic applications of UHD Wax would be more effective.
- What should I do if I get Rapid Ceramic Spray on the glass?
Intensive Tar Remover product can be used to remove any Rapid Ceramic Spray accidentally applied to glass.
- What does it protect against?
Rapid Ceramic Spray creates a tough, protective barrier for maximum resistance against the natural environment.
- Which products are compatible with Rapid Ceramic Spray?
Rapid Ceramic Spray is compatible with all of Autoglym’s shampoos and wax products as well as the Polar Series. We recommend that Pure Shampoo is used as part of your regular on-going wash cycle and UHD Wax can be used to boost protection and finish periodically throughout the year. Avoid using abrasive products such as polishes as well as solvent based products like Intensive Tar Remover as they can reduce the longevity of coating. If you do need to use these products, apply Rapid Ceramic Spray to affected areas afterwards.
We would recommend avoiding hand carwashes that use strong alkali detergents (particularly pre-sprays) as these could impact the durability of Rapid Ceramic Spray.
- Is it ok to apply Rapid Ceramic Spray in any weather conditions?
Rapid Ceramic Spray should be applied on mild dry weather days with an optimum temperature between 10-25⁰C.
- Is it ok to apply to wet bodywork?
Yes, the paintwork needs to be cleaned first.
- How long after application should I wait before washing?
We recommend leaving the coating for at least 24 hours after application before washing for the first time.
- What should I do if I accidentally apply product to unpainted plastics on the bodywork?
Remove any unwanted product from the plastics with a damp cloth. If still present use Intensive Tar Remover.
- Can I apply polish or wax over Rapid Ceramic Spray?
No. Polishes contain abrasives, which will abrade the Rapid Ceramic Spray coating. A wax will perform better when applied to a well prepared surface. Therefore, while you can apply either over Rapid Ceramic Spray it is sub optimal.
- Can I use Rapid Ceramic Spray over PPF or wraps?