AUTOGLYM – Magma
Your vehicle is under constant attack from airborne contaminants. Many of these are tiny particles of iron that appear as specks on paintwork and brake dust on wheels, dulling their shine. The active ingredients in Magma turn red as they react with these iron particles to safely loosen them from the surface to be easily rinsed away.
How to use:
- Before you start check the bodywork and wheels are cool to the touch and out of direct sunlight.
- Shampoo the vehicle first and remove excess water.
- Spray Magma liberally across the bodywork, glass and wheels.
- Wait 3-5 minutes while the Magma reacts to any iron particles on the surface and turns red as it starts to dislodge them.
- Agitate bodywork with a soft damp sponge or wash mitt and agitate wheels with a brush or sponge before thoroughly rinsing off with water.
Note: Magma reacts to iron particles. To remove other types of contamination such as tree sap or tar, use the Autoglym Clay Detailing Complete Kit.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How does Magma work?
Your vehicle is under constant attack from airborne contaminants. Many of these are tiny particles of iron that appear as specks on paintwork and brake dust on wheels, dulling their shine. The active ingredients in Magma turn purple as they react with these iron particles to safely loosen them from the surface to be easily rinsed away.
- When should I use Magma?
If your vehicle paintwork feels rough to the touch or if you spot any iron contaminants on paintwork (orange or brown spots that look like tiny rust specks). Magma can be incorporated into a deep clean process. Where can I use Magma? Magma is perfectly safe to use on all external surfaces. It will effectively remove iron contamination from glass but its primary function is to clean paintwork and wheels.
- How often should I use Magma?
You can use Magma as often as you feel is necessary. If you do not see any visible reaction when you have applied Magma that would suggest you do not have an iron contamination on your paintwork.
- Can I use Magma on a wrapped car?
We would not recommend that Magma is used on wrapped vehicles.
- Can Magma be used on Matt paint?
Yes, Magma is perfectly safe and effective to use on Matt paint.
- What happens if Magma dries on to my vehicle?
This is not a problem. Even if the applied product has dried it will not stain or damage your vehicle. Rehydrate the product with a damp sponge or hose, agitate and rinse away. Can I use Magma instead of a clay bar? Magma reacts to iron particles which represent a significant amount of the contamination that may have bonded to your paintwork. To remove other types of contamination such as tree sap or tar, we recommend you use the Autoglym Clay Detailing Complete Kit.
- Can I use Magma instead of a wheel cleaner?
Magma is a highly effective and safe wheel cleaner. It reacts very well to brake dust and produces a good clean following agitation with a brush, mitt or sponge. It is safe to use on all wheel types and finishes. However, for a deeper wheel cleans on heavily soiled wheels we would recommend Autoglym Clean Wheels.
- Is Magma pH Neutral?
Yes. It will not remove wax layers from your paintwork.